Wednesday, May 15, 2019

The Adventure Together Begins

On June 12th 1971 in the hot & muggy Wisconsin afternoon, we tied the marriage knot. I was 19 and Susan was 21. After a brief honeymoon in Spooner, we returned to spend a few nights in a tent staked out in the backyard of the farmhouse where Susan was raised. During that time and those nights, we planned our upcoming move from Shell Lake, Wisconsin to Spokane, Washington and the West Coast. I have to admit that I spent far too much time watching fireflies those nights in the warm, Wisconsin evenings...but Susan eventually forgave me. My firefly fascination also played into a quote that she enjoyed throughout our lives together...

"Good decisions do not make for good stories."

Here's a poor scan of our escape in the VW after the wedding.


...and so our Adventure Together Began...

Close Friends and Loved Ones Matter Most, Hold Them Dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment